JobsOhio Workforce Grant
The JobsOhio Workforce Grant was created to promote economic development, business expansion, and job creation by providing funding for the improvement of worker skills and abilities in the State of Ohio.
Grant decisions are based on a number of project factors, including but not limited to job creation, additional payroll, fixed-asset investment commitment, project return on investment, and project location.
The program requires job creation and training of employees within a specified period of time and may consider the amount of proceeds per job created and employee trained. JobsOhio may consider providing assistance for eligible projects that improve operational efficiencies or production expansion, along with the retention of jobs.
The program includes projects by companies engaged in JobsOhio’s targeted industries and business functions. JobsOhio will set a wage floor based on multiple wage considerations. Ineligible projects include but are not limited to retail and other population driven businesses.
The JobsOhio Workforce Grant focuses on a company’s training costs, which may include the following:
- Information technology
- Maintenance, skilled trades
- Leadership skills
- Product knowledge
- Quality management and processes
- Safety training (industry specific)
- Technical processes
- Technical training
- On-the-Job training
- Travel costs (domestic and international)
- College degrees
- Consumables (such as pens, pencils, materials for practice welds) Food, drinks and entertainment
- General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Soft skills
- Training which is reimbursed/required by other Public Agencies or Departments
- OSHA – Regulatory
- Membership dues, license fees
- Preparation time or travel time
- Profit-oriented courses
The JobsOhio Workforce Grant term is based upon the project’s completion date.
Disbursement of Funds
The JobsOhio Workforce Grant is reimbursement-based and requires supporting documentation.