Industry Leader, Itelligrated selects Ohio for Capital Investment
As many brick-and-mortar and online sellers adopt an omni-channel distribution model to deliver more products to more consumers faster, retailers are moving swiftly to open distribution centers to more efficiently meet their fulfillment demands. This boom has increased market need for automated material handling solutions that drive fulfillment productivity for retailers, manufacturers, and logistics providers.
Leading American-owned automated material handling solutions provider and Mason-based, Intelligrated helps companies meet this need. As a result, Intelligrated continues experiencing fast-growth resulting in a third expansion opportunity in the company’s 14-year history. To keep up with expanding customer need, Intelligrated determined a new facility was needed for advanced research and development, and manufacturing capabilities.
After a robust evaluation of existing operations in Ohio and two other states, Intelligrated selected Ohio for its new facility.
Business-Education Collaborations Help Grow Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
By establishing research and development facilities at its Ohio-based headquarters, Intelligrated determined it can more efficiently innovate and commercialize solution offerings and leverage a collaborative Advanced Manufacturing network of research facilities and academic institutions.
Intelligrated prioritized these needs to assess the best site for its third expansion.
- Enhance the company’s research and development capabilities by consolidating research efforts and facilities to improve efficiency.
- Conduct applied research to commercialize new technologies and innovations.
- Collaborate with Ohio-based companies in industries with a strong local presence in logistics, retail, and manufacturing to maximize market opportunities.
- Synergize research efforts to develop automated technologies in conjunction with area colleges and universities to expedite market release.
- Help develop the next generation of high-tech talent through industry-education alignment.
How Ohio stacked up against these needs helped Intelligrated choose to invest $12 million in Mason for a third expansion, adding 238 high-tech, full-time jobs at a state-of-the-art, 14-acre campus.
Leading up to the expansion, Intelligrated collaborated with the University of Cincinnati and Columbus State Community College to conduct applied research focused on new innovation commercialization. Intelligrated is leveraging these business-education partnerships to develop a customized talent pool to help ensure sustainable growth.