CEOs and Leaders Leverage RNC to Shine Spotlight on Policy Issues
At the Republican National Convention in July, JobsOhio and the 2016 Cleveland Host Committee hosted panel discussions regarding several important public policy issues. Top executives and leading experts from Ohio and throughout the country discussed topics listed below, which are crucial to the U.S. economic, social and business environment. To watch a recording of a full panel discussion, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the appropriate link.
The Energy Industry’s Role in Building a Better Future
Energy business and government leaders discuss the current and future impact of Ohio’s position on two of the largest shale plays in the United States – Utica and Marcellus – and the role it plays in changing the long-term costs of energy.
- Stanley G. Chapman III, Senior Vice President and General Manager, U.S. Natural Gas Pipelines, TransCanada Corporation
- Jack N. Gerard, President and CEO, American Petroleum Institute
- Congressman Bill Johnson (OH-6)
- Gary R. Heminger, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Marathon Petroleum Corporation (moderator)
Public & Private Solutions to America’s Opioid Crisis
Experts discuss the evolution of the opioid crisis and how public and private partnerships in Ohio are collaborating to address this growing public health issue.
- Attorney General Mike DeWine (OH)
- Erin Hoeflinger, President, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Ohio
- Senator Rob Portman (OH)
- Dr. Richard Rosenquist, Chairman of the Department of Pain Management, Cleveland Clinic
- Tracy Plouck, Director of the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (moderator)
Drug Discovery & Development: Collaboration for Better Health
Top industry and government leaders address how Ohio’s cutting-edge health care industry is driving the development of innovative medical research that is improving lives around the world.
- Congressman Michael C. Burgess, M.D. (TX-26)
- Jim Robinson, President, Astellas Americas
- Thomas F. Zenty III, Chief Executive Officer, University Hospitals, Cleveland
- Governor Mike Leavitt, Founder and Chairman, Leavitt Partners (moderator)
Building the Workforce Pipeline
Experts discuss challenges and approaches taken by government, companies, higher-education institutions and K-12 to collaborate and strengthen the nation’s current workforce and future talent pool.
- Arthur F. Anton, President and CEO, Swagelok Company
- Congresswoman Virginia Foxx (NC-5)
- Anthony Hughes, CEO, Tech Elevator
- Ken Taylor, Owner and President, Ohio CAT
- Dr. Alex Johnson, President, Cuyahoga Community College (moderator)
Revitalization and Rehabilitation of our Communities and the Access to Credit and Capital
Industry experts and government leaders discuss how improving access to credit and capital plays an important role in improving and redeveloping communities. (video not avilable)
- Pau Clark, Regional President, PNC Bank, Cleveland
- Bill Emerson, Chief Executive Officer, Quicken Loans
- U.S. COngressman French Hill (AR-2)
- Beth E. Mooney, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, KeyCorp (moderator)